- Diet places a key role in bad breath, and the food you eat can often affect the smell of your breath.
- Oral bacteria can cause an odour, and also indicate you have plaque build-up.
- Dry mouth often affects your breath, as saliva (or lack thereof) affects plaque buildup and food particles from sticking to your teeth. Read more about dry mouth on the dry mouth page.
- Unclean dentures. Just like teeth, dentures need to be cleaned regularly to keep them feeling, and smelling, fresh.
- Some medical conditions, often affecting your liver or kidneys, can affect your breath. Alerting your dentist of previous medical conditions, or current medications is always a good idea.
To read the entire article , please visit plus.HealthyTeeth.org